Islanders Model Airplane Club
Preflight: Pass Fail
1. Inquire if candidate is familiar with all AMA and club safety rules and recomendations and observe for adherence throughout the flight test.
2. Check the Aircraft for basic airworthiness as part of setup.
3. Candidate must perform a radio range test and follow proper frequency control procedures.
4. Candidate must safely start engine and adjust it for reliable running.
5. Candidate must perform a check of control surface travel and throw.
6. Candidate safely taxis away from the pit area.
7. Candidate yields to landing aircraft, takes off with the established pattern and establishes proper aircraft attitude. Maintains runway heading until sufficient altitude is gained for the initial turn away from the flight line.
8. Direct the candidate to make a reasonably circular left hand 360 degree turn. There should be a circular flight path with constant bank and altitude.
9. Direct the candidate to make a circular right hand 360 degree turn as above.
10. Direct the candidate to make an AMA figure 8: 90 degree turn from flight line, 360 degree turn in opposite direction, 270 degree turn in opposite direction.
11. Direct the candidate to make a left hand approach aligned with the flight line: crosswind, downwind, base and final legs. (go around).
12. Direct the candidate to make a right hand approach aligned with the flight line: crosswind, downwind, base and final legs. (go around).
13. Direct the candidate to make an appropriate approach and landing. Plane should be brought to a complete stop and taxied off the runway.
14. Candidate must taxi safely toward the pit area, keeping a safe distance from all personnel. Candidate shuts down engine and transmitter safely at a reasonable distance from the pit area.
Candidates Name_____________________________ Date ______________
Instructor____________________________________ Pass Fail
NOTE: A candidate must pass all of the above steps to pass the flight test and be certified for solo flight.